30 Sep The Green Homes Grant Explained
Here’s everything we know on how to claim the government’s new Green Homes Grant and save money on your double glazing, windows and doors.
How do I qualify?
- Any owner occupiers or social or private landlords in England can apply.
- New-build properties that have not been occupied before are not eligible.
- People who qualify for the low-income scheme must receive one of the benefits listed
- Landlords can’t apply for the low-income part of the scheme.
What can the money be spent on?
The vouchers will be for homeowners in England and will cover energy-saving measures that are either insulation or low carbon heat in the first instance.
Insulation measures include:
- Solid wall
- Cavity wall
- Flat roof
- Room in roof
- Insulating a park home
Low carbon heat measures include:
- Air or ground source heat pump
- Solar thermal (solar panels which can be used for heating water)
- Biomass boilers
If you use the voucher for any of the measures above, you can also use it to cover the following:
- Draught proofing
- Double or triple glazing when replacing single glazing
- Secondary glazing when in addition to single glazing
- External energy efficient doors when replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002
- Heating controls
- Hot water tank thermostats and insulation
The voucher does not cover:
- A new extension or conversion
- Insulating a conservatory which has no fixed heating
- Installing a new fossil fuel boiler such as gas, oil or LPG
DDG windows do not offer this scheme, please click here for more information https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/